“We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.”Dr. Martin Luther King
Men who desire to live a life of significance must do so in the fellowship of other men.
Hi, I’m Sven Masterson – a loving husband, doting father, loyal friend and passionate mentor for men. Let’s get to know one another!
“What labels me, negates me.”Soren Kierkegaard
Most often, when we want to know what someone’s beliefs are, it is to avoid the clumsy and tiring work of getting to know them. That’s outside of my values.
- Belief: Beliefs are often just a long-format label.
- Belief: Labels allow us to categorize so we can dismiss or pursue.
- Belief: I am worth pursuing.
- Belief: You are worth pursuing.
- Belief: Dismissing someone based on their beliefs is a de-valuation of their personhood
Rather than try to compress all the nuance and complexity occasional of my beliefs into a brief paragraph, why not get to know me as a person and find out not only what I believe, but what kind of fruit those beliefs are producing in my life?
How I Can Help
Life is an arduous journey and difficult to undertake alone. I offer multiple mentoring opportunities for men looking for more than small talk, men ready to get very deep and very personal and ready to commit to the challenge of being the best versions of themselves.
Anyone with oratory skills can be a public speaker. I’m most interested and effective in a much deeper level of event participation. Events with a relational dynamic that welcome my naturally dialectic and socratic speaking style bring out the best in me.
What People Say about me
I always feel like my strength has been restored after our visitsMike R – Pennsylvania
My friend – you have been an amazing resource today. You have given me exactly the lanes I needed to guide my thoughts on this situation today. I am grateful to know you.Jeffrey L – New York
…thank you for sharing. Your journey, shared in bits and pieces, is like a lighthouse for a man’s soul.Paul – Ohio
- Why didn’t you take the candlesticks?Anyone that knows me even a little bit knows I’m passionate about the concept of showing others (and self) high regard. That passion was formed in me over a lifetime of many ups and downs, at times being shown undeserved high regard while at other times being shown unnecessary low regard. Each of those experiencesContinue reading “Why didn’t you take the candlesticks?”
- One song that would sum you upI’d never been able to really put my finger on it, but most of what I saw and experienced around me appeared as inauthentic, repetition of platitudes and statements of others
- Help, I’m having a hard time staying positive while my wife is in pain!It’s very painful to watch somebody that you love in pain but the most profitable thing you can do in that moment is…
Get in touch
Interested in getting to know Sven further?